Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vegetable Garden


Everyone has pretty much finished getting their gardens planted and are watching the first green sprouts poke through the brown earth. I am not one of these people. I don't like digging, hoeing, weeding or getting dirty. At the moment I have a cactus that requires 1 ounce of water a month and a basil plant in a self-watering pot that requires little attention from me. But I love fresh produce and I love to cook. So I do daydream about having a garden. And one day I intend to get over the whole getting dirty thing and have a garden that will cater to my love of eating and cooking.

Though I hate raw tomatoes, I do love just about every tomato product out there, with sun-dried tomatoes on the top of my list. 
I would have to peppers . . .
Lettuce for my salads . . .
Yummy green beans . . .
The only vegetable I'd eat as a kid, carrots . . .
Pumpkins because you've never seen a person get so excited in the produce aisle come autumn . . .
I would also want to grow strawberries, raspberries and blueberries . . .
I also wouldn't mind having a couple fruit trees . . .
Cherry Tree
Apple Tree
And of course an herb garden . . .




I can almost taste all the salads, sauces, stews, pies and jams that would come out of such a garden.
 

Sweet dreams,

          Krissy

2 comments:

  1. beautiful vegetable shots, Krissy.

    why don't you live on the adventurous side, and add one more potted plant to your world? how about a pot of parsley on your window sill?

    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am contemplating rosemary :)

    ReplyDelete