Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Am the Mad Hatter


I love hats. I love all kinds of hats. Cloches, berets, newsboys caps, fedoras, bowlers, top hats, pin box hats, skull caps . . . the list just goes on and on. The first thing I do when I go to a store is check out their hat section. I have developed a serious hat obsession. And all began with this hat:

Angelina Jolie in The Changeling

Right now hats are the current fashion trend . . .


 . . . but I'm hoping they stay for good. The TV shows Downton Abbey and Boardwalk Empire have really fanned my hat obsession.

Downton Abbey:


Boardwalk Empire:

I love the hats from old movies:

And hats from period movies:

I also don't mind looking at men in hats:




Okay, maybe I just like looking at Nathan Fillion.



I've even found an appreciation for quirky, artistic hats:
Well, maybe not all hats.

Somehow I've kept by hat obsession under control and only own four hats. But that's subject to change at any time.

Sweet dreams,

          Krissy

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to BE a hat person, but don't really think I can pull it off ALL the time... :) Perhaps I'll try again, they are so cute! I need to be more stylish first I think.

    ALSO - That picture of Johnny Depp is BEYOND amazing...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could. Hats are more about confidence than anything else I think. If you feel good wearing one, you look good wearing one.

    Ahh Johnny Depp . . . I will never get tired of looking at that man (or watching his movies, no matter how odd they may get).

    ReplyDelete