Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bette Davis Eyes

"From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it." ~Bette Davis




I've been on a huge old movie kick lately. One of my absolute favorite actresses is Bette Davis. She's gorgeous, bold, and fun to watch. I first saw her in The Man Who Came to Dinner (this is a classic Christmas movie in our household) with Monty Wooley--whom I also adore--and I knew I wanted to watch more of her work. When I find an actor and actress I love, I tend to devour their movies. (I do the same thing with new authors I discover too.) Jezebel won her Oscar. In Dark Victory she starred along side Ronald Regan, who played a drunk, and Humphrey Bogart, a horse trainer. She is almost unrecognizable in the beginning of Now Voyager as a frumpy spinster, twenty pounds heavier and with the bushiest eyebrows you've ever seen. And of course All About Eve where she plays an insecure, aging actress. Those are just a few of my favorites. I wish Bette Davis was still alive to make more movies. I could just picture her acting opposite Johnny Depp in a quirky suspense movie; Leonardo DiCaprio in an intense drama; or Matthew in a romantic comedy. 






Sweet dreams,

          Krissy


     

No comments:

Post a Comment